WHY INVEST IN CHILE?
Its sustained economic growth and openness to trade which have set it apart internationally as a free and dynamic market, Chile is one of the best-evaluated emerging economies globally and Latin America’s most competitive economy.
Chile is a pioneer in South America in the development of polices to attract investment, relying on clear and stable legal mechanisms. In general, the policy framework offers equal treatment of domestic and foreign agents, free access to almost every economic sector and a State with transparent regulation policies towards the activity of investors.
With its economic and political stability and high GDP, there are great reasons to invest in Chile.
BUT HOW TO START BUSINESS ACTIVITY IN CHILE?
- First and foremost, a foreigner should enter Chile with a visa allowing his stay in the country, usually with a Tourist Visa.
- Then every legal entity requires following the laid out proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service (SII, in Spanish):
- Registration/Obtainment of Temporary RUT (taxpayer number) to perform economic and commercial operations.
- Registration of company.
- Business Start-up ('Iniciación de Actividades') at the Unit of the Internal Revenue Service with jurisdiction over the place in which the legal residence or Head Office of the taxpayer is located (where the activities will take place).
- Accreditation of legal residence. Once authorized by the Business Start-up Declaration, you may request the stamping of documents, which entitles you to tax credit of VAT (IVA, in Spanish), and others, e.g. invoices, waybills, etc.
Consecutively, process and submit the requirements for investor’s visa before the Chile’s Immigration Department. Once approved, a one-year temporary resident status will be granted. After nine (9) months, you can apply for permanent resident status which will grant you the rights similar to that of the citizen, including the right to vote among others.
We, in Lawshi, provide immigration service to address the needs of the firm's growing roster of international clients who are interested to move into and do business in Chile. We aid in the procurement of visas and provide assistance in various legal matters before Chinese government agencies to foreign nationals. One of our strength lies on the fact that our services are tailored on your needs. We offer our services in Mandarin Chinese, English and Spanish languages.